European Society of Evolutionary Biology congress
A welcome reception will take place on Sunday 20 August.
The scientific program, beginning on Monday 21 August, will consist of 8 parallel sessions running throughout the 5 days (except Wednesday afternoon). There will be some 300 oral presentations fitting within 35 symposia selected by our Scientific Committee. We will also have poster sessions associated with the different symposia, five plenary talks, and two lectures by the 2016 and 2017 winners of the John Maynard Smith Prize.
- There will be exhibition space throughout the congress for 1000 posters.
- The Wednesday afternoon will be available for excursions to enjoy a mixture of Groningen culture and nature.
- The conference dinner will be held on the final evening of the conference on Friday 25 August.
- A social area with festival tent will be available during evenings, where affordable meals will be offered.
- Free childcare will be provided on request during the conference.
Note that both ESEB and SSE offer travel stipends (ESEB, SSE) to support participation of student members from economically disadvantaged countries. We will advertise these in due time. The organisers of ESEB 2017 value gender balance and wish to ensure that symposia selected for ESEB in Groningen draw participants of both sexes equally. For more information and registration, please visit the website.
We look forward to seeing you all in Groningen and welcoming you to the Netherlands!
The ESEB 2017 organising committee
- Prof. Leo Beukeboom (chair)
- Prof. Simon Verhulst (co-chair)
- Prof. Bregje Wertheim
- Dr. Martine Maan
- Emma Plender-Hartman
- Paul Steerenberg
- Mariska Pater (Groningen Congress Bureau)
- Prof. Franjo Weissing (chair scientific committee)