On the Healthy Ageing Campus, sustainability is an important topic at the UMCG. The hospital takes a lot of action to make their CO2 footprint smaller. In this respect, the UMCG organised a sustainability market on Thursday 31 October. On this fair, employees and interested parties could get to know the initiatives of Sustainable UMCG and join in the conversation. And for everyone who put in a sustainable idea during the market, received a reusable water bottle. And Michiel Kahmann, head of HR of the UMCG, talked about the results of the Low Car Diet 2019 and awarded prizes to the most sustainable participants (header photo). CampusTV visited the fair and talked to Charlotte Kumm, project manager sustainability of the UMCG. Check out the video here (Dutch spoken)!
Some examples of the steps taken by the UMCG to reduce their CO2 emissions:
- Lowering the use of disposables in the restaurants
- Use of bio-degradable detergents
- Re-use of demolition material in construction works
- Research after sorted waste collection of restaurant De Brug
- Promotional gifts made out of old workwear
- Sustainable mobility policies
Do you have any questions or tips on this topic? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.