On Thursday 13 September, New Energy Coalition and World Energy Council Netherlands (WEC NL*) will jointly organise a mini-seminar discussing the role of sea ports in the energy transition. Ms. Jacoba Bolderheij, Ceo of Port of Den Helder, and Mr. Cas König, CEO of Groningen Seaports, will be keynote speakers. Prof. dr. Catrinus Jepma (New Energy Coalition/University of Groningen), honorary professor in Energy and Sustainability will moderate.
Bolderheij and König will discuss themes such as:
- role and opportunities for sea ports in the energy transition
- main challenges and issues and how can they be addressed
- developments in Europe and worldwide
- collaborations with partners of industrial clusters, governments and knowledge institutes
Of course, there will be an opportunity for discussion and Q&A. We believe it will be an interesting and interactive afternoon! Policymakers, entrepreneurs, students and those interested are welcome to join.
15:00 – 16:45 h
– Welcome by WEC NL and New Energy Coalition
– Mini-seminar with Jacoba Bolderheij (CEO, Port of Den Helder) and Cas König (CEO, Groningen Seaports)
16:45 – 18:00 h: Network drinks
*) World Energy Council Netherlands (WEC NL) is the Dutch member committee within the World Energy Council, one of the leading international energy networks. New Energy Coalition is a member of WEC NL. Here you can read more about WEC NL.