Overview planned work on ring road and railway
This year, Groningen Bereikbaar expects construction works on ring road and railway on different locations in and around the city Groningen. Below, you find an overview of the expectations of the different projects.
May: maintenace Ring West and Ring East
- Monday 29 April- Friday 3 May: Ring West one lane available
- Maintenance Ring East: 17-20 May and 24 - 27 May
June-October: maintenance N33
The road N33 (Eemshaven-Assen) closes on several occasiosn this year:
- 7- 9 June: Assen-Gieten
- 21- 23 June: Gieten-Veendam
- 5 -7 July: Veendam-Siddeburen
- 13 - 15 September: Veendam-Siddeburen
- 27 - 29 September: Gieten-Veendam
- 11 - 13 October: Assen-Gieten
July-August: summer closure Ring South
Closure of Ring Road South (southern lane) 12 July - 26 August closed from Julianaplein up until Europaplein.
July-August: laying the Helperzoomtunnel
In the summer the Helperzoom tunnel will be layed in place. Therefore no trains on the trajectory Groningen-Assen/Veendam/Weener from 31 July - 7 August.
July- August: N361 Groningen-Winsum
Closing N361 from13 July up until 25 August between the Boterdiepbrug in Groningen and the Munnikeweg (noth of Adorp).
The Paterswoldseweg will open end of this year after months of work.
Trainfree periods 2019
No trains on:
- 8 - 10 June: Groningen-Buitenpost
- 6 - 7 July: Meppel-Zwolle
- 21 July: Groningen-Leeuwarden
- 31 July - 7 August: Groningen-Assen/Veendam/Weener
- 16 October - 27 October: Groningen-Leeuwarden